For some years I have wanted to climb Kilimanjaro. Being the highest point in Africa and the highest stand alone mountain in the world has its attraction, but for me it's just the challenge. At first I had the time but didn't have the money, then when I had the money I didn't have the time, now that I have neither I must make the time and find the money.

Richard Mulvey

I was delighted to be able to persuade Sheila my wife and later my close friend John van der Horst to join me. We are doing this climb to raise funds for The Reach for a Dream Foundation (www.reachforadream.org.za) and hope to raise R100,000, and with your help we should make it.

************* To see a larger version of any picture, click on it ****************

Sunday, January 20, 2008

End of Day 2 on the Mountain


I just had an sms from my Mum, to say that it is really cold where they are...they're currently at 3720m above sea level. She said that they've found today rather difficult and that it had rained all day today, so they're cold...and wet - hopefully the rest at the end of this long day will give them an opportunity to have something warm to eat and drink to warm them up a bit and keep them strong.
Mum said that my Dad's cellphone is rather swimmingpool-like at the moment and Mum's camera appears to have suffered a similar fate!
I hope the travellers will be able to have a better night's sleep tonight, ready for their day tomorrow.
You will see above that I have included a weather report, this is so that you can get an idea of the conditions that Mum, Dad, John and Pam are walking in...so keep them in your thoughts and send them strength. Remember, they summit on Tuesday night.
Please feel free to add your comments by clicking on the word "comments" below.


1 comment:

managetransfers Debt Settlement Live Transfers said...

The more comfortable you are ganga bhakti speaking in public, the greater your opportunities to advance in your profession. Ganga music