For some years I have wanted to climb Kilimanjaro. Being the highest point in Africa and the highest stand alone mountain in the world has its attraction, but for me it's just the challenge. At first I had the time but didn't have the money, then when I had the money I didn't have the time, now that I have neither I must make the time and find the money.

Richard Mulvey

I was delighted to be able to persuade Sheila my wife and later my close friend John van der Horst to join me. We are doing this climb to raise funds for The Reach for a Dream Foundation (www.reachforadream.org.za) and hope to raise R100,000, and with your help we should make it.

************* To see a larger version of any picture, click on it ****************

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bright Blessings on Your Journey

As my Dad has mentioned, I will be updating the blog whilst my folks and John are climbing Kili...

At the moment, the three of them are on their way to Sani Pass for the night. They'll then make their way up here to Johannesburg tomorrow to spend the night with Mark and I before embarking on their trip to Kili on Friday.

My Dad has wanted to do the Kili trip for many years now, and I am so glad that he finally has not only the opportunity, but the perfect climbing partners too.

All three of them are very strong willed mentally, and by that, I mean nothing other than that when they set their minds on achieving a particular goal, they will stop at nothing to reach that goal. I know that they will have the same resolve for summitting Kili and wish them Brightest Blessings on their journey.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to say how proud I am to have such special parents and John of course, being a very dear family friend whom I have known since I was rather young, who are all doing something so remarkable and for such a worthy cause. Mum, Dad, John... Namasté.

Love
Cherri

No comments: