For some years I have wanted to climb Kilimanjaro. Being the highest point in Africa and the highest stand alone mountain in the world has its attraction, but for me it's just the challenge. At first I had the time but didn't have the money, then when I had the money I didn't have the time, now that I have neither I must make the time and find the money.

Richard Mulvey

I was delighted to be able to persuade Sheila my wife and later my close friend John van der Horst to join me. We are doing this climb to raise funds for The Reach for a Dream Foundation (www.reachforadream.org.za) and hope to raise R100,000, and with your help we should make it.

************* To see a larger version of any picture, click on it ****************

Sunday, December 2, 2007

51 Days to go

Lots of interesting things happening this week. Rich Mulholand has offered to create a video to publicise the climb for Reach for a Dream on the internet which is wonderful news. This will help to get the word out to a much larger audience. I am flying to Johannesburg on Tuesday to be interviewed for the video along with the RFAD team.

We have also been training of course. This afternoon we went to Virginia Bush again to get in as much hill work as possible. It is lovely in the bush and although it is not far from home it is quiet and beautiful. I took the video camera with me to get some footage to take with me on Tuesday. I am thinking of making a video of the whole thing from training to climb. Might be fun.

Chantell has also kindly personalised our kit with the new logo and created a fantastic flag to take with us to the top. Thanks Chantell.

No comments: