For some years I have wanted to climb Kilimanjaro. Being the highest point in Africa and the highest stand alone mountain in the world has its attraction, but for me it's just the challenge. At first I had the time but didn't have the money, then when I had the money I didn't have the time, now that I have neither I must make the time and find the money.

Richard Mulvey

I was delighted to be able to persuade Sheila my wife and later my close friend John van der Horst to join me. We are doing this climb to raise funds for The Reach for a Dream Foundation (www.reachforadream.org.za) and hope to raise R100,000, and with your help we should make it.

************* To see a larger version of any picture, click on it ****************

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

64 Days to go


I haven’t entered anything into this blog for 19 days. I have, to say the least, been a bit busy. I have been away a lot of the time but John and Sheila have continued to get in as much training as possible.

I have been at a weekend meeting at the National Speakers Association head office. Unfortunately the NSA Head Office is in Phoenix Arizona! Still, I haven’t been shirking my responsibilities and did some training yesterday at the Grand Canyon.

If you haven’t been here before you have a treat in store. My first site of the Canyon was breath taking, literally! I had to sit down I was so awed by the site. Emotion welling up inside of me I sat for 30 minutes in silence just taking in the enormity of it all. I have added a couple of pics here but they cannot do it justice.

I have now seen 2 of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World (Grand Canyon and Victoria Falls), 5 to go!(Everest, Northern Lights, Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Paricutin Volcano in Mexico, the harbour of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil)

No comments: